Author Topic: 7.5 month old NW for feed and also waking up as turning in cot  (Read 833 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
7.5 month old NW for feed and also waking up as turning in cot
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:54 am »
hi  my dd3 is an Angel baby, she still wakes up for a feed anytime between midnight to  5am. and recently she's started to turn sideways in the cot (not roll) so she's lying horizontally along the width of the cot and she gets disturbed/"stuck".
She's on a good EASY, good day time eater.. help please?
x

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 7.5 month old NW for feed and also waking up as turning in cot
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:18 am »
If it's just the one feed, 2 out of my 3 were still having a NF at 7.5 months.  Does she generally go right back to sleep after the feed?

As for the movement, is there a way you can position her in the beginning of the night so she can't turn and get stuck?  Or would that just make her equally frustrated?

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:17:44 am »
I guess I assumed once they are on solids and still drinking milk well that they'd start to sleep through, yes she does sleep afterwards.  (annoyingly if she wakes up early in the night around midnight - then she wakes again around 4/5am)

I can't position her in any other way (but i wander whether instead of feeding her I should settle her instead?) but then I don't want dd1/2 disturbed by her crying..joys joys joys!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 18:56:19 pm »
(but i wonder whether instead of feeding her I should settle her instead?)
How easily would she settle?  With my dd1, I could walk her around a little bit or rock her and she'd settle right back to sleep and stay asleep, so I'd know it wasn't hunger that was waking her.  With ds, I would walk him or rock him and he would just wake right up again after being asleep for just a little bit, so I always took that as hunger and fed him.  Sometimes I would try to soothe him back to sleep by rocking, walking, etc but when he would just wake over and over I'd assume it was just because he was hungry.  Not all babies need night feeds at 7.5 months, but some of them do -- you kind of have to just figure it out through trial and error.  The general rule of thumb is that they should be going as long at night between feeds as they do during the day -- so on the 4/4.5 hour routine you've most likely got going right now you would expect her to go just as long at night.