Author Topic: Baby won't sleep at night, HELP!  (Read 716 times)

Offline mvaz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 25, 2013, 22:30:32 pm »
My baby is 11 days old and he sleeps like a dream during the day. He latches on the to boob perfectly. He doesn't stay awake long enough for activity time and at night he is waking up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Even after trying 3 hour EASY for 2 days, things haven't improved. Any suggestions? Also, he was just under 6lbs at birth. Help and suggestions!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Baby won't sleep at night, HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:49:16 am »
Hi there!  He sounds a bit day/night reversed quite honestly.  My ds was exactly the same way -- he slept like a log all night long and wanted to be up most of the night.  ::)

Don't worry too much about that 3 hour EASY right now -- it's important that you feed him lots in the early days to get a good milk supply going.  There's some good info and suggestions here: Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months

It's really hard to be up most of the night with a sleepless newborn -- but if he's intent on sleeping during the day, there's not a whole lot you can do to change it immediately.  Keep him in natural light as much as you can during the day, try to feed him every 2-3 hours, keep things as dark and low key as you can at night, and I promise, he'll sort it out sooner rather than later.  Huge ((hugs))!