Author Topic: CMA - reintroducing dairy reaction?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Josiepoo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 28, 2013, 17:35:26 pm »
Hi All

My gorgeous bubba is 7 months old, she has been dairy free since she was 2 months old. She didn't have skin iriitations (that I noticed) but used to suffer with feeding issues (latching, breast refusal etc),BAD BAD tummy pain, gas, some silent reflux etc. All was cured with me cutting out dairy, then when my supply dwindled we moved onto Nutramigen AA.

We have been weaning onto foods (mix of puree and Baby led weaning) for over a month and she LOVES eating. It is soo wonderful to have something go right for her. It has gone so well I offer her something 3 times a day. Paed advised to start introducing dairy when on solids regularly - so the other day I gave her a pot of baby food that had milk as one of the ingrediants. All seemed fine, she was a bit grizzly but had been with teething anyway.

Then 3 days ago she had some battered chicken when we were out for a pub lunch (I pulled most of the batter off but some stayed on). That day she was a happy bunny, the next day (roughly 24hrs after batter) she is pretty darn grizzly. That night she sleeps badly - there were quite a few trumps/blow offs etc. Next morning still not 100% happy... later that day she has a snotty nose. That night (so 3rd night after batter) she is up all hours crying - seemed a lot more than just her nose bothering her. There were more trumps but mostly just crying - so it could have been teeth (her 2 top ones appear to be coming) or general cold making her feel bad - or it could be her tummy.

Today her nose is streaming still - she has happy moments if distracted enough but def isn't herself. I have decided to avoid dairy for a while now but I was wondering if any of this sounds like it could be the CMA playing up?
Summary:
day 1 - dairy
day 2 - grizzly and bad night sleep (poss gas issue)
day 3 - snotty nose and VERY bad nights sleep
day 4 - not herself and still very snotty.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: CMA - reintroducing dairy reaction?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 17:04:40 pm »
Hi,

Well I guess it could be the milk i the batter but you say she has had milk in the baby food a few days before and had no reaction?

What about other ingrediants in the batter? Has she had direct egg or wheat before?

Of course all those things- esp the runny nose - could be just a cold and teething at the same time!