Author Topic: Habitual night waking  (Read 821 times)

Offline Red333

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:02:12 am »
Hi all, i was posting in PU/PD When I first started sleep training But feel that this issue might better be answered in this forum. I have a 23 week old daughter who seems to be waking up twice a night at the same time every time. When she was younger she was a great sleeper and has slept 10 to 12 hours a night since four weeks old. We had a lot of troubles implementing sleep training as I was a prop and nursed her to sleep all the time. I now have her on a four hour easy schedule with naps every two hours. Naps are getting more consistent with good naps lasting an hour and a half and bad naps lasting 35 minutes. She goes to bed at night anywhere between 730 and 8 o'clock after no more than a two hour activity time. Most nights she gets to sleep fairly easily and I do dream feed between 10 and 1030. After the dream feed she guaranteed wakes up at 11:30 and then somewhere between 12:30 and one every night. She isn't hungry and I don't feed her at these times. I s/p her in her crib and she falls back asleep within 15 to 20 minutes. I'm not sure why she is waking up at these times as I don't feel like she's going to bed overtired and she isn't  waking up hungry. I tried wake to sleep last night and went into her room at 12:20 and gently patted her. It seemed to work but instead of getting up at 12:30 or 1, she woke up at 3:00. Another problem I'm having is that she used to be able to put herself back to sleep when she woke up in the middle the night but now seems to need me all the time. Not really sure where to go with either of these problems so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Habitual night waking
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 19:14:25 pm »
I tried wake to sleep last night and went into her room at 12:20 and gently patted her. It seemed to work but instead of getting up at 12:30 or 1, she woke up at 3:00.
I would continue with W2S -- it usually takes about a week or so before it works all the way.  What was she like at 3?  Was she hungry at that point?  Lots of growth spurts at the 4/5/6 month mark so you never know.

Another problem I'm having is that she used to be able to put herself back to sleep when she woke up in the middle the night but now seems to need me all the time
Could also be that your routine is in need of a tweak.  Can you post what you're doing right now with times, etc.