Author Topic: 9 mo bottomless pit of food  (Read 1470 times)

Offline ShayasMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 03, 2013, 14:21:07 pm »
My DS just turned 9 months and NEVER GETS FULL. Or at least never shows it. He will happily eat a whole bagel and tablespoons of yoghurt or cottage cheese, fruit, cereal, vegetables...all in one meal! How much should he be eating? I'm worried that I am either over or underfeeding him all the time. Help!

Thanks!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 9 mo bottomless pit of food
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 15:05:27 pm »
My LO is 8.5 months and pretty much the same, I just make sure get him weighed with health visitor at least every couple of weeks and check they think its ok! I've started adding more toast and pasta to meals as he still drinks all his milk I know I'm not replacing it with food! I read at 9 months they should have around 3 tablespoons of cereal for breaki, 3-6 tablespoons of lunch and dinner followed by mashed fruit, yoghurt etc and 1 or 2 tiny snacks a day. Health visitor told me not to worry as babies will tell you when they've had enough and as long as your giving healthy foods its ok  :)
Zoe

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 9 mo bottomless pit of food
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:53:56 pm »
I agree with PP - keep an eye on his weight with your HV, but the main thing at this age is that he's still getting enough milk, ie not filling up on solids instead. Milk should still be his main source of nutrition until about 12 months.

There's some info here on what amount of milk he should be getting:- Solids for 6-12months very useful Information

Catherine x