Author Topic: What time dinner if EBT  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
What time dinner if EBT
« on: February 03, 2013, 16:43:08 pm »
Hi,

My Lo is now on 3 solids a day however we start wind down at 6:00 and she is asleep for 6:30 so wht time should i be aiming to give her dinner?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: What time dinner if EBT
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 14:16:04 pm »
My girl is usually asleep for 6.30. We eat as a family at 5.30, but that does make it a bit of a rush for her bath and bedtime. For us, it's important to eat all together so we just have to put up with the scramble for now. If she is eating by herself for any reason, or just the children with grownups eating later, I will usually do their tea at 4.30 or 5.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 14:28:37 pm »
Thanks Anna
 She is only 6 months (almost) just now and i would love to all eat together, but i wasn't sure if it would be too much on her stomach to eat that close to bedtime. But think i will keep doing it, its nice having us all together and she loves watching us eating x

My angel baby girl

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 14:32:48 pm »
If you can manage it time-wise I think it's a good thing to do. It doesn't matter if she doesn't eat much (or even anything), after all eating is as much a social thing as anything. If you find she's struggling later you could give her a proper tea a bit earlier and then have her just sit at the table and play with some food when you and your partner eat.

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 14:36:37 pm »
Since dd has been on 3 meals a day we have all eaten somewhere between 5 and 5:30.  Its funny b/c even now family members know if you want to have dinner with us to have an early or light lunch as dinner is no later then 5:30 but that was important to us as a family.  On the nights dh works dd eats around 5 and I will have a snack and then make my dinner after I put her to bed b/c sometimes its just nice to eat dinner in quiet lol.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 14:55:15 pm »
Thats a good idea to giver her proper tea earlier then just give her some finger food to play with later. Its ok for me but DH doesn't get home till 5 and by the time he's gotten cleaned up and changed time is pushing on. BUt i guess we could all just have a snack so she gets the idea of the social side then we could have proper dinner after she is in bed  ;)

This forum is just so good, don't know what i would do without all the good advice you ladies have x

My angel baby girl