Author Topic: 9 month old feeding schedule  (Read 2450 times)

Offline missmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 08, 2013, 17:25:46 pm »
Hi all, My 91/2 month old was eating well until about 2 weeks ago.  I think he may be getting too much milk or the schedule needs tweaking, but I'm not sure how to adjust it.  Also, when he does eat all he eats is fruit and yogurt. Any ideas to get him sampling things again?  here's our current EASY

6:00 up
7:00 breastfeed
8:30 breakfast
10:00 - 11:00 nap
11:00 breastfeed
12:30 lunch
3:00 - 4:00 nap
4:00 breastfeed
5:30 dinner
7:30 bed

Also he's still getting 2 night time feeds which I know is horrible but we've had a hard time with sleep issues and I haven't had the heart to push dropping them yet. Any ideas you might have to help drop those would be appreciated as well.

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 9 month old feeding schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 13:25:09 pm »
Bumping for you :)
Catherine x

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 14:45:22 pm »
As far as I can rememebr we dropped our first day feed at around 10 months. You may want to post over on the BF board for advice on how to do that as I can't remember which one went first TBH! Also, how to do that in conjunction with dropping a NF  ;)

As for this solids.. what was he eating before he went through this patch? Could he be teething and that is putting him off foods?

How is he with meats, carbs and veges? Does he like finger foods?

Offline new mum01

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 22:12:21 pm »
In my experience dropping the night feeds reallyyyyyy helped the progress with solids ... and DD's day generally. I did it by watching the clock like a hawk and gradually reducing the minutes i'd let her BF for (at night). Sometimes she would object to being taken off the breast but soon got used to it. Then I still had NWs which had to do some sleep training for. Good luck!