Author Topic: 10 month old not finishing bottles and refusing solids  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
10 month old not finishing bottles and refusing solids
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:19:48 am »
My dd is 10 months old. She weighs 22 lbs and has always been a great eater. On Wednesday evening I thought she was coming down with the flu as we had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting. She was whiny on Thursday but kept food in and wasn't really wanting solids which I can understand if recovering from a bug. The loose poops started again Friday and finally seem to be getting back to normal today but this kid does not want to eat her solids and is not finishing her bottles ( usually has 4 bottles of 6 oz). Could this still be part of her bug, cutting teeth which she is doing or is she needing to move to 3 bottles??

Current
Bottle at 7 ish
Breakfast 8 ish of either egg Cheerios and fruit or rice cereal and fruit sometimes has toast
Bottle at 1130
Lunch 1230 usually 1-2 tbsp meat with 1-2 tbsp veg and some fruit
Bottle 4
Dinner 530 same as lunch
Bottle 7 ish

I am thinking she needs to move to 3 bottles how is the best way to do this?

Offline Mama2Athena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: 10 month old not finishing bottles and refusing solids
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 15:36:41 pm »
No advice on moving to 3 bottles.  But wanted to let you know that my DD is the same age and is on approximately the same schedule as yours.  When she gets sick, her eating is completely off for at least a week.  And she's a tiny little thing, less than 18 lbs at 10 months old. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 17:18:50 pm by Mama2Athena »

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: 10 month old not finishing bottles and refusing solids
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 17:13:12 pm »
Thanks that makes me feel better. I'm so stressed abouy this but I'm taking her back to the doctor today as her poops are still extremely loose.