Author Topic: Need help with 10 month old pls  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: February 13, 2013, 15:13:15 pm »
I had a post on feeding solids but thought I might post here too. My dd is 10 months old  and 23 lbs. started solids at 6 months with no issue and she loves to eat. But not now :(
A week ago we had a bout of the flu with diarrhea and vomit. The vomit only lasted one evening but the diarrhea is on going 3-4/day. I have been twice to the clinic as my family doctor is away. This doc isn't concerned. The poops are starting to slow down and not be as much so hoping we are on the mend. But my dd is totally refusing solids. So I figured it was her way of saying her tummy hurt but now I'm not sure. Her personality is normal sleep is good. I'm getting frustrated.
Our old eating routine
7ish - 6oz bottle
8- breakfast - combo of any of the following: Cheerios, fruit , rice cereal, toast, French toast
1130 6 oz bottle- now only drinking 3 oz
1230 meat veg puffs fruit
4 6 oz bottle now only drinking 3oz
530 meat veg rice cracker or rice
7 6-8 oz bottle

So she is only finishing her morning and bedtime bottle. Wondering if I moved to 3 bottles and did one at 130/2 before pm nap if this might make her hungry for her solids. The milk intake would be the same as what she is doing now.

Please help. I feel like she is never going to eat again

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Need help with 10 month old pls
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:05:56 am »
She is old enough now that it's totally fine to move to three bottles ;)

Many move around this age... and just as you suggested, the middle two bottles combine into one offered before the PM nap.  My DD had 3 - 8oz bottles at this age.. one at wakeup, one before PM nap and one at bedtime :)

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 16:14:10 pm »
Thanks

We tried yesterday so althought she ate a good lunch of solids she was really fussy at 115 so I gave her the bottle then which she took 7 oz then when after her pm nap at 430 she was screaming. Very rare so I offered 3 oz to tie her off till dinner but ended up giving 5 oz total but then she didn't eat much dinner. At 4 should I give a snack?

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Need help with 10 month old pls
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 22:39:10 pm »
I would try a small snack that isn't going to fill her up too much - something like a few crackers/Cheerios and some fruit maybe?