Author Topic: 6 month LO doesn't want spoon fed  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
6 month LO doesn't want spoon fed
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:03:51 am »
My LO is 6 months old and has been on solids for 2 months, she is having cereal and fruit for breakfast, meat and veg for lunch and cheese and veg for dinner, sometimes a yoghurt. However recently she doesn't want spoon fed she wants to try to feed herself but she can't really manage it. She tries to hold the spoon but most of the food ends up anywhere but her mouth or she has a wee bit of toast as she likes holding it but again she isn't really getting much food.

What can i do tomake sure she is eating enough.

Thanks

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6 month LO doesn't want spoon fed
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:15:01 pm »
At her age she doesn't really 'need' much solids at all - milk is by far the most important part of her nutrition.  If she doesn't like being spoon fed how about trying finger foods/BLW?  There are loads of suggestions in the stickies at the top of the board :)

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
Re: 6 month LO doesn't want spoon fed
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 15:13:43 pm »
At 6 months of age you don't need to worry about Her getting enough "solids" as her intake of milk will be giving her the nutrition that she needs. Giving her those finger foods or doing some BLW as suggested is awesome to try in the meantime.

Is she teething right now? DS2 is 7.5 months old and was a champ with solids, but currently on a spoon strike, which is probably because he is teething, so I have been giving him sticks of celery, cucumber, apples, mango etc. As well he loves to chomp on some rusks I made the other day. There isn't anything I can do to get that spoon in his mouth, so using the opportunity to explore some finger foods!!

HTH! :)
-Nadia