Author Topic: Lunch ideas for 22 month old  (Read 6976 times)

Offline momma.bear

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 12:11:10 pm »
Good ideas - thanks! I am not worried about her weight, just want to get nutrition into her. I'm trying to get veggies into her at lunch now so that if she doesn't eat dinner, she is still getting her veggies.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: Lunch ideas for 22 month old
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »
Oh- and another suggestion- my mum makes Hamish EVERY DAY an omlette thing made of egg, tuna, spinach and sultanas. He eats it ALL UP and his poos are often green! It is great as is means that i know he's had the vegies in the day right at the start! She also chops up chicken onto his banana sandwich.
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline momma.bear

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 15:48:25 pm »
My daughter has some strange aversion to eggs. Not sure if it's a texture thing or not. That's a great idea if I can ever get her to eat egg!
I do give her applesauce that has a serving of carrots in it, and sometimes make pancakes with squash or sweet potatoes in them.

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 19:38:55 pm »
My kids loved eating peas and corn while i prepped dinner. They spent ages chasing the around the tray. With dipping too veg pureed makes a good dip, if u mix a veg and fruit. Home made pizza with veg puree as the sauce was good too.

Offline zeri

• Showing Appreciation 55
    • coffeebeing
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 21:05:15 pm »
We have occasionally resorted to the V-8 juice that is half fruit / half veg to get our DD to eat veggies - for DS the problem is protein as he hates meat! Poor kid gets a log of egg and quinoa.
Would your DD eat veggies if they masqueraded as a treat, like zucchini fingers rolled in egg and then breaded with breadcrumbs and parmesan and baked in the oven? Have you tried unusual vegetables - bok choy or gai lan, fennel....maybe even the purple carrots or cauliflower heirloom varieties that are available now?
~Lisa~
http://fivecentcandy.wordpress.com/
http://coffeebeing.blogspot.ca/

Spirited Gigglet 2008         Sweet Pickle 2010