Author Topic: When to move to 3 bottles  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
When to move to 3 bottles
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:24:21 am »
My Lo is only 6 months old but she is getting really hard to get milk into. She has been on solids for 11 weeks and having 3 meals per day. Not loads just 1-2oz per meal but she has dropped her milk form 7oz per bottle to 4oz apart from her bedtime bottle. She is not interested in her morning bottle only taking 2-3oz, i have just dropped the DF to see if she will take more in the morning but she wont. After 4 hours she is hungry and lets me know she is but she will still only take 4oz, do you think i should drop to 3 bottles and see if she takes more in the 3 bottles and maybe just give her a yoghurt or something when she is hungry?

I eally don't know if she is too young for 3 bottles but her daily intake is only about 17oz on such small bottles.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: When to move to 3 bottles
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 22:37:34 pm »
You do want to have her up around 24 ozs minimum at this age... I would start by reducing solids a bit to see if she becomes more hungry for milk... That is a lot of solids for her age... generally, babies should start with a single offering of solids at 6 months, so to be on three offerings at this age is likely too much.  Many babies love the variety that solids offer in terms of taste etc, but nutritionally, this is a bad idea. 

I would start by cutting solids way back for a few days to see if this is what is happening with her.

So, bottle at wakeup, offer solids an hour later.

Then, formula only for the rest of the day (at her age, I would offer 8 ozs every 4 hrs).

See how she does for a few days so we can get that milk back up.

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Re: When to move to 3 bottles
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:17:42 am »
Oh ok thanks Kara. I'll do that for a week and see how she gets on  :D

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184