Author Topic: Frequent, small poops  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Cindymenjivar

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Frequent, small poops
« on: February 25, 2013, 23:01:42 pm »
Hi,

I have an 8 month old who is taking solids very well now. Lots of veggies, cereals, some chicken, and a few of the fruits as well as breast feeding. A few weeks back he was very constipated with very dry, painful stools. I started adding an ounce of prune, apricot, pear purée as well as a teaspoon of flax meal to his cereal and, voila, he started to have easy BMs again. Now I add half an ounce of the prune purée to his morning cereal every other day and a bit of flax every other day. Sometimes his stools look a little dry, but mostly they are quite soft now. My question is about how often he is having them - about 3 times a day and often he is waking in the morning or from naps with a small BM (causing mild diaper rash). (It's hard to be aware of when he's having these small poops because they don't stink or cause him much effort.) he usually has one medium-sized poop every day, too. Is this a normal phase he's going through? Or should I be adding/eliminating something from his diet? Thanks.

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Frequent, small poops
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:12 am »
Sounds normal to me!  DD pooped 3 times a day for quite a while once we had solids underway!  She pooped after breakkie, lunch and dinner!

It will regulate back down to 1-2 times a day once he is closer to a year... though some kids will poop 3 times a day well to school age!