Author Topic: screaming during bath?  (Read 1823 times)

Offline heatherc4

• Mommy to Christopher and Joshua <3
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Brotherly love <3
screaming during bath?
« on: February 26, 2013, 15:02:27 pm »
anyone else have this issue with their LO? my 3 month old used to love his bath, he would splash about and coo and smile, and then all of a sudden 3 nights ago half way through the bath he started screaming like I've never heard before, and it has happened every night since... I can distract him for a few minutes, but his face is always on the verge of terror, and then half way through the bath he starts to panic... the temp is not too hot or cold, and he does not have a rash on his bum.... its just pure terror... It's heart breaking and I truly hope its just a phase...

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: screaming during bath?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 16:15:19 pm »
I'd just stop giving him baths for a couple of weeks - you can top and tail him with a sponge and warm water, it's not like they get really mucky at this age. In a couple of weeks when you try again, likely he will have forgotten his fear.

Offline heatherc4

• Mommy to Christopher and Joshua <3
  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Brotherly love <3
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 20:06:29 pm »
Thanks for the tip, I will try waiting a while.
And I swear I posted this in a different forum, not sure how it ended up in this one...

Offline fernymum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 20:07:01 pm »
Hi, my DD used to hate baths so we would jump in with her or I would feed her in there. Or you could try showering with your LO? Another suggestion made to me was to start swimming lessons so they get more used to water.

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 20:49:05 pm »
And I swear I posted this in a different forum, not sure how it ended up in this one...

;) I think you got moved over by one of the mods - think you originally posted in The Lounge, which isn't really for advice, yk?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 21:24:24 pm »
This happened to us at about 7 months. He ended up HATING his bathtub it was too constricting. So we stopped baths for about a week then bought a bath seat and started again, by letting him watch the water enter the tub and letting him sit in it etc. Then if he cried we immediately took him out didn't force it. In a period of about 2 weeks he got over in and is back to loving his bath. I used lots of toys to distract him at first.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**