Author Topic: 6 month old fussing during activity time- when do you pick up?  (Read 1603 times)

Offline SEA0680

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Hi- trying to figure out whether baby is just voicing frustration at not being able to move well and reach what he wants, or is actually upset and needs to be picked up. I think a little frustration is ok- challenges them. But my LO is doing it whether in tummy time, on his back, in jumper for the second half of A time, and I'm not sure how much to intervene.
Thanks for any advice!

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: 6 month old fussing during activity time- when do you pick up?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 00:48:00 am »
Bumping this up for more eyes.

I agree that a little frustration is ok, but you don't really want it to turn into an all and all out screamfest...

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 13:34:01 pm »
My DS was extremely fussy around 6/7 months and it was absolutely frustration, as soon as he learned to crawl he was as happy as a clam!  If  he was playing with his toys and I went into the kitchen or something he was completely losing his noodle because he couldn't follow me.  DH and I were also frustrated a lot of the time because his constant whining was driving us bonkers.

Offline *Sandra*

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 14:39:46 pm »
I found the same thing.  That was a really hard time for my with my first two. Luckily my third started crawling when she turned 6 months so we didin't get that stage. They want a lot of attention/help but it gets really boring for mom.  Do whatever you have to, it will get better.  I found that going out a lot helped, mine were happier looking around in their stroller than sitting and playing - less frustrating. 

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 16:43:26 pm »
Do you have a jolly jumper?  DS loved his and it gave him great exercise and occupied him for a solid half hour!