Author Topic: 4 mo on 3h EASY and waking up...very hungry baby  (Read 1735 times)

Offline jackieobaby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 mo on 3h EASY and waking up...very hungry baby
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:12:59 am »
Hi my ds is 16 weeks and always been a Very hungry baby. I'm tempted to wean him early ( as I did with his sister) his schedule is below:

7am wake up feed 8oz bottle
8.30am nap
10am feed 8oz bottle
12pm nap
2pm feed 7oz bottle
3.45 nap
5pm feed 8oz bottle
Bath time
7.15 Top up of milk (cluster fed) 6/7oz bottle
Sleeps 7.30pm to 7am with no night feeds.

He has in the last week decided to wake at 1am or 2am and won't settle without a feed. He took. 5oz bottle last night and still woke up before 7am and took his full 8oz bottle. I can't possibly get any more milk down him. Is this a growth spurt. He has been going through the night for 12hrs for the last 3 weeks.

Also he is now starting to go longer between feeds so how do I keep the same amount of food but transition into a 4hr EASY.

I hope that makes sense.

Jackie

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 4 mo on 3h EASY and waking up...very hungry baby
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:46 am »
Bumping for you :)
Catherine x

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:48 am »
I wasn't bottle feeding at that age so not sure re the amounts but there is a growth spurt at 4 months so it may be that he just needs those extra night feeds for now, like you say you can't really get any more into him in the day. 4 months is pretty early to be starting solids so I would wait and see if it is a growth spurt that settles down. Maybe you could increase the other bottles by an ounce or 2 aswell?

Offline jackieobaby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 22:10:39 pm »
Thank you. Have introduced a dream feed for the last week which seems to be working. Agreed too early to start weaning so will continue with the 10pm feeds for the next 4/5 weeks and see how it goes.
J x

Offline katha

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 13:47:44 pm »
Hiya, hope you don't mind me coming in here. Have had similar issues and have been considering 10pm dream feed too. Just wondered if it worked? My son is just 16 weeks and has previously slept 7am until 7/8am with 1 night feed at around 3/4am. However the last few weeks he's been waking twice for a feed in the night and no sign of it stopping! Slightly different to you, however, is that he's not that bothered about food in the day - just the night! Argh!