Author Topic: Introducing Solids when EASY is off  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Pokadot1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: March 16, 2013, 21:31:09 pm »
My little one is coming up to 6 months and I am planning to start introducing solids one meal at a time, his EASY routine is off though, from 3 to 5 months he would only nap for 45 mins max. At 5 months we managed to extend the second nap of the day to 2 hours, (thanks to help over on the EASY boards)  currently our EASY looks like this

WU anytime between 6 to 7 am
E 7am 6 ozs
A
S 845 to 9 am (or an hour earlier if 6am WU) (I've been trying to extend for a while to a longer A time but I'm still getting OT naps or UT naps!)
A 930 to 945 (depends if an OT or UT nap)
E 11 am 6 ozs
S 12 pm
A 2pm
E 3 pm 7 to 8 ozs
A
S 415pm
A 5pm
   6pm bedtime routine
E 630pm 8 ozs
S 7pm
E 1030/11pm dreamfeed 5ozs

My question is what time to start introducing solids, I've read about giving solids one hour after a feed, and thats it better to start with a lunch meal but i cant see where I would fit in solids with our EASY?

Any help or tips much appreciated as I can't see our EASY being 'fixed' anytime soon, it took me 2 months to extend the middle nap! my LO takes a long time to feed and wind,

Thanks in advance
Pokadot

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Introducing Solids when EASY is off
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 23:53:48 pm »
I just started my dd on solids  but at breakfast.  So based on your easy, that would be around 8 am.  Looking at your easy, the first A is short compared to the others.  Will a longer A give you a longer morning nap?

Offline pokadot

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Introducing Solids when EASY is off
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:44:15 am »
Yes I was thinking around 8am might be best to start
Ive been working on extending the first A time but it results in a 30 min OT nap, will keep trying!