Author Topic: Re: Very New to baby,site and EASY Routine lol..Need your Help! xxx  (Read 1154 times)

Offline twiggy2013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I have my first child, a little girl of 3 weeks. She is bottle feeding and I am trying to do the EASY routine. She is fab, struggled at first as suffered keeping wind but now on comfort milk and Infacol and better. Only thing I struggle with or she does is that her new party trick is to sleep when feeding after 50ml (Usually make 150ml bottle) sleep then awake hungry again 30mins later lol. I know that basically she is sooo tired she falls asleep but will be hungry later so catch 22. Have tried tickling/winding etc to wake her but to no avail Sometimes she's overtired I think and the opposite happens in that she wont stop crying after feed.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated as first time Mum xxxx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Very New to baby,site and EASY Routine lol..Need your Help! xxx
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 14:30:16 pm »
What flow teat are you using? When we used a comfort formula they seemed to be ok on the no 2 teat but we tried a no3 (Dr Brown's with DS and Tommee Tippee with DD) and it made a huge difference. She could well be falling asleep because it's hard work sucking the thicker fomula down!

Laura

Offline twiggy2013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 14:48:38 pm »
Good point. I'm using Dr Brown newborn bottle and the teat that came with it :( Will see if I can order the next one up or which one do you suggest? I actually have some Phillips Avent bottles that have 1 and 2 teats but stopped using them as thought I needed the vari flow? Gosh so confusing and soooo much money

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 18:03:34 pm »
I would try the no2 Dr Brown's but buy in the no 3s to try as well - you will need them eventually anyway! The Dr Brown's Y cut will be too fast and the Avent may be as well.

The Avent vari-flow is a very fast teat with 3 speed settings to it, the Tommee Tippee vari flow doesn't drip at all for example where as the Avent one had a drip that was nearly a pour with my DD's reflux formula (it was probably a touch thicker than the comfort formula in the bottle)! You could try the Avent no2 while you are waiting for the Dr Brown's if your LO doesn't mind which bottle she has.

Laura