Author Topic: Soy Trial  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Kta400

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Soy Trial
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:12:59 am »
Hello, my DS is just over 2 now and is dairy/soy intolerant. We recently started a soy trial and I am wondering if he is reacting to soy and should stop or if I need to let his system get use to the new food. We have started slow... giving a product with a little soy every other day. He will have some looser stools and gas but no mucus. He also has had some red patches on his face and little red bumps that look a little like pimples. He had a light rash before the soy trial due to erupting molars (I think).

I guess I am not sure if I should stop the soy trail or keep going???? Any suggestions? Thank you!
Katie

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Soy Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 21:53:21 pm »
I would be tempted to take it out and let things settle down then try again. Not sure on the science behind whether the soy will get used to his system but my gut tells me if he is getting a rash that is more than just him getting used to it?

Offline Kta400

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Soy Trial
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 15:44:02 pm »
Thanks for your response Buntybear. I thought the same thing and took him off of the soy 5 days ago. Not sure how long it takes to get out of his system but the rash is still there but stools are firmer.
Katie