Author Topic: Starting to Get Worried  (Read 1703 times)

Offline kdawson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 25, 2013, 03:17:08 am »
My son who is just over a year has been on an eating strike for 4 days now and very fussy.  He did get his 12 month shots 2 weeks ago and I know that the symptoms can last for 45 days I believe.  He has had a fever on and off so it made sense to me that when he had a fever he wouldn't eat much but now it has been 2 days with no fever and still eating barely anything.  Plus sometimes he is inconsolable for seemingly no real reason.  He is still having bowel movements but they are whitish grey in colour and very fowl smelling.  I'm not sure what he is getting rid of since he barely is eating anything.

Has anyone had this experience when their little one got the 12 month shots?  Could it be also from teething as well?  The foods that he does eat it almost seems like they are harder and he is enjoying the feeling on his gums.  But if it is teething you would really think his appetite would be higher than what it is.  He's very picky with foods right now and normally eats anything.  He'll eat a banana, bread or apple....sometimes.

Any help would be great!

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:55 am »
I think if he is having white/grey poos then you should definately take him to the doctor, it needs to be checked out. ((Hugs))

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Starting to Get Worried
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:29 am »
^^ agreed.  This can point to liver issues...

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:21:00 am »
Hugs hon!! I agree with the girls! Get it checked out- better to be on the safe side
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline kdawson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 17:28:32 pm »
I called Health Services and they said that he likely has a bug he's trying to fight off.  I guess he should really only feels the affects from the shots up to 2 weeks.  She said not to be alarmed by the whitish bowel movement as usually that is in indication of the food that he is eating opposed to liver problems.  She said to be worried if it was persistently whitish-grey.  So that is good news!  She also said to feed him bland foods like the BRAT diet and lots of water and also to try a humidifier in his room. 

He did actually eat an alright amount for breakfast this morning so that is good news.  Hopefully his appetite continues! Thanks so much to all who have responded :-)

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 22:55:45 pm »
Great news!  The vaccination that can cause issues the longest is the MMR/chicken pox... both the measles and chicken pox can cause a mild case that will manifest about 12 days after the vaccine is given :)