Author Topic: 5mo old waking between 8:15 and 11 o'clock DF  (Read 662 times)

Offline knilsson

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5mo old waking between 8:15 and 11 o'clock DF
« on: March 26, 2013, 15:23:41 pm »
My 5 month old has a perfect day schedule.  You would think shes a text book baby.  But every night for the past three weeks she wakes anywhere between 8:15 and 8:45 and stays awake scream her head off unless I hold her until I dream feed her at 11.  I have worked pu/pd like no other.  I am completely confidant I'm doing it right cause it worked with my first born within two nights and now with my second it worked at first.  Now it's not.  I'm pretty sure my knees have no skin on them from kneeling by the crib for 3 hours a night.  the second I pick her up, not even two inches off the crib, she settles right down so I put her down.  Why is she waking????

w: 7am
e: 7oz
a
s:  9am

w: 11am
e: 6oz
a
s: 1pm

w: 2:30/3:00
e: 6oz
a:
s: 5 pm   30-45min catnap

w: 5:45
a:
e: 7pm  6oz
s: 7:30  bed time

w: 8:15   pu/pd until 11pm
df:  11pm 5oz
s:  for the night

what is going on!??  I've tried keeping her awake a little longer during the day but she gets SO exhausted and becomes over stimulated before her nap if I do.  She doesn't use a paci any more (took it away 6 weeks ago.  does great without it) and I put her down wide awake and she falls right to sleep on her own.  She sleeps in her own room.

Help!!

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: 5mo old waking between 8:15 and 11 o'clock DF
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 18:53:15 pm »
Your routine looks great!
So it's always between 20:15 and 20:45? Is it always 45min after falling asleep?
Could there be something like a radiator going off or a sound in the house that happens every day at around this time and that can wake her up?
Is she crying straight away when she wakes up or is lying there a bit quiet?
If it's not routine related (and I am not saying it's not - yes, your routine looks great but she might be ready for a little bit more A time) and this NW is habitual then you can use W2S. You can read about it more here: How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)
:)
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/