Author Topic: Feeding schedule for 7.5 month old  (Read 1799 times)

Offline AnnaMommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 06, 2013, 18:28:18 pm »
Hi! I am anticipating moving my daughter to a 2 nap schedule in the next couple of weeks. I have several questions.
First, I anticipate naps being from approximately 10am -12pm and 3pm-5pm everyday. So, feeds must be around those times
Obviously, she will nurse when she wakes at 7:15am. Then, I am guessing I would do solids around 9:00am?
Then nap. This is where it seems odd. Do I nurse again at waking? And then postpone "lunch" until like 1:30 or 2:00? Or should I offer solids immediately after nursing?
Then nap. After this second nap, it will be like 5:00pm approximately. So, I was thinking this should be dinner time for her-solids. So, I was thinking of then just doing another nurse before bed. Around like 7:30. That is only 3 nursings. Will my milk supply dry up if I only nurse 3x's a day? Should I nurse her again before "dinner" and then again at bedtime? That seems like a lot of food crammed into just a few hours, and I worry she won't be hungry enough to nurse well right before bed. She is at that age where she can be very distracted anyway!
I guess my biggest question is....Is it ok to do the nurse followed immediately by the solids(for lunch specifically, but breakfast too maybe)? Will she be waking early from nap hungry if I do it that way? And how do I do the last part with dinner? should it include another nursing time? or is 3x's a day enough?

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: Feeding schedule for 7.5 month old
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:31:59 am »
Bumping for you :) Sorry you've not had any replies.

Have you had a read here? There might be some info that may be helpful:-

Routines for Solids and Bottles/BF's 6-12months
Solids for 6-12months very useful Information
Catherine x