Author Topic: Staying out during nap time/extending A time  (Read 1485 times)

Offline jubbs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Staying out during nap time/extending A time
« on: April 12, 2013, 15:20:59 pm »
Hi moms

Not sure if I should be posting in activity or nap or toddler sleep.

My Ds is 21 months old. Sleeps really well. Naps are 2.5 hrs ( i know that's long) and nights are 12 hrs. He isn't the type that has to go down by the minute or anything. He puts himself to bed. Recently he'll talk for 15-20 minutes in his crib then go to sleep

So my question - with summer coming up I know we are gonna be out and about. The beach, zoo etc etc. I don't want to be te type of person ok lets rush back he has to sleep in his crib at x time. So do I stretch him and let him sleep in the car on the way back. Try to put him down there in a travel crib? Practice getting him to sleep on occasion on my chest?

Not sure what to do. I'm not ready to give up nap time all together. I have number 2 coming and I need nap time.

Thanks for all your help and advice

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: Staying out during nap time/extending A time
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:21:04 pm »
I think the odd day napping in the car or buggy is fine especially as he sounds such a good sleeper :)

I tend to stay in for naps when I can but that is my choice and mainly because I like the break (!) and also DD is very spirited with sleep and does not sleep well out and about, never has done.

Having said that this summer we have some days planned and she will nap in the car, we just do an early bedtime if she short naps - days out are important :)

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!