Author Topic: mucus...  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Kta400

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
mucus...
« on: April 07, 2013, 19:29:20 pm »
Hello! My DD2 is 14 weeks old and has been having mucus diapers for the past 3 weeks or so. He is not at all fussy... and has no other symptoms of an intolerance of any kind. My DD1 has a dairy and soy intolerance and at 3 months he had eczema, mucus and blood in his stools. He was also very fussy. So I am not sure if DD2 is really having a hard time with something in my diet or not. I have been dairy soy free since his birth. Should I try cutting something else out of my diet? Or since he doesn't seem to be bothered or in pain... should I just keep my diet as is?  He started reflux meds back at 9 weeks so wondering if maybe is is from that??
Katie

Offline ENMS

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Re: mucus...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 02:01:41 am »
Hello! :)

What reflux meds is she on? If the mucus coincides with the start of the meds, I'd be tempted it may have something to do with it. My DS had horrible diarrhea on Prevacid but did great with Nexium. It may not be the best med for her.

Did you change anything in your diet around that time? Is she sick with a cold?
Elise

Offline Kta400

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 14:01:20 pm »
Thank you for your response! I don't know what I was thinking with my last post because I have two sons not daughters! So DS2 is on generic form of Zantac, Ranitidine. Nothing is new in my diet but I was eating a lot of eggs around that time. I have cut them out for now but haven't seen much of an improvement.
Katie

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:45:37 am »
How long ago did you cut the eggs? I know it can take quite some time for a problem food to get out of his system.
Elise

Offline Kta400

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:48:33 am »
About a week ago... I think it can take a few weeks right?
Katie

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 04:18:20 am »
Also...my ds2 is MSPI but until 8-10 weeks it wasnt really obvious. The mucus etc showed up later than the reflux did, and came and went before it showed up persistently YK?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »
If you cut a problem food out that was irirtating that gut lining and causing inflammation, then a numner of weeks for mucus to settle would be very reasonable.   I used to have a rule when looking at my kids nappies... only worry abous mucus in the nappy if its more than 50% of the stool and is also accompanied by other symptoms like general irritation through the day, fussy eating, sleeplessness, prolonged night waking etc