Author Topic: Early Wakings and Night Wakings- Dream Feed  (Read 1313 times)

Offline candersen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Early Wakings and Night Wakings- Dream Feed
« on: April 08, 2013, 22:39:58 pm »
I hope this is the right place to post re the above. I have posted over on the EASY Board also. DD is a bit all over the place.

1. We have introduced a DF at 10.30. Night before last she took it well and woke again at 3am for a feed. Last night she woke screaming at 12 with terrible wind because I did not burp her, I tried but as she was alseep she wouldn't burp, How do I eliminate this issue?

2.She wakes every morning from 4.30- 5.30amish, sometimes will go back to sleep but more often than not will cry and I will have to shh pat to re settle. I would try wake to sleep but the time varies, she is not hungry as she ate at 3 or 3.30am. Before I introduced the DF she would wake at around 12 and then 5am from hunger, I introduced the DF to combat this so that her morning feed was at a more suitable hour.

This morning she woke at 5.40 crying and went back to sleep after 10 mins of patting for another hour where she woke up crying again and took 110ml. 

Your help is much appreciated!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Early Wakings and Night Wakings- Dream Feed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:05 am »
1. We have introduced a DF at 10.30. Night before last she took it well and woke again at 3am for a feed. Last night she woke screaming at 12 with terrible wind because I did not burp her, I tried but as she was alseep she wouldn't burp, How do I eliminate this issue?
At the risk of seeming obvious - burp after the dreamfeed; or don't do it; or maybe put the mattress on an angle so the burps come up while she's sleeping and the gas doesn't get trapped further down causing pain.

She wakes every morning from 4.30- 5.30amish, sometimes will go back to sleep but more often than not will cry and I will have to shh pat to re settle. I would try wake to sleep but the time varies, she is not hungry as she ate at 3 or 3.30am. Before I introduced the DF she would wake at around 12 and then 5am from hunger, I introduced the DF to combat this so that her morning feed was at a more suitable hour.
What's her routine? How old is she? Is she in a growth spurt?

Offline candersen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 22:48:57 pm »
15.5 weeks. Gs at 13 weeks where night feeding started. When will df stretch her right through? She can now go til 4.30am from df and take a full feed but will wake around 7 and not take one. Trying to stretch feeds so she will take more in one go but she's stuck on 110ml every 3 hrs :( sleeps ok in day for most part 1.5 or 2 hr naps and catnap.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:58:13 am »
At 15.5 weeks, we'd expect that she would have a dream feed and a night feed, or two night feeds.  Anything less than that would be unusual, I think one out of my 3 was still having a dream feed and two night feeds at that age.  Their tummies are still pretty tiny at this age!  If she's not taking a good feed on waking you can either feed about an hour into your A time or you can try to do a smaller feed around 4:30.