Author Topic: 15 week old wakes up almost every hour!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline jroja820

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 10, 2013, 18:32:45 pm »
I hope someone can give me some advice.  I am having sleeping issues with my LO (now 15 weeks) that keeps me and my husband up all night. I try to start her bedtime routine between 8-830pm.  I bath, massage, and give her a bottle (5 ounces, formula and cereal) by latest 9pm. I burp her and soother her to sleep (rock, shh, pacifier, etc). She has slept in her crib in a separate room from us for a couple of months now.  I must admit I just recently stopped swaddling her as many parents told me it was bad for her development?  For the passed few nights she has been waking during the night almost every hour starting after 11pm (before she would sleep at least from 11pm to 3am). I feed her again around 430-5am as when before this tome when she wakes I giver her the pacifier and she goes right back to sleep. Also I took away her DREAM FEED at 11pm about two nights ago as I didn’t notice any difference whether I fed her or not.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 15 week old wakes up almost every hour!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:59 am »
What's her daytime routine?

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45:52 am »
If she's waking every hour and a paci puts her right back to sleep, it's probably that the paci has become a prop - ie she can't sleep without it but can't put it back in for herself yet. If that's the case, you've two choices: get rid of the paci, or keep replugging until she's old enough to do so herself.

Offline SDER

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • The loves of my life <3
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 23:02:39 pm »
I agree that the paci has probably become a prop.  It was the case with my 4.5 month old and I've recently started weaning him off of it.  I use Pantley's Gentle Removal and so far so good (*knock on wood*).

- How-to: Gentle Removal Plan
- Our progress with the weaning method: Has anyone successfully used Pantley's gentle removal plan?

With regards to the swaddling, perhaps your LO just isn't ready to stop swaddling.  I know my son would wake himself up every time I tried to stop swaddling (even tried one arm out) by rubbing his face with his fists.  Perhaps you could try the Aussie Swaddle or a partial Aussie Swaddle to give your LO the snugness of being swaddled all while having access to one or two hands to suck on.

- Aussie swaddle: Swaddling Technique (aka "Aussie swaddle")
- Partial Aussie swaddle: http://mommytrainingwheels.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/the-aussie-inspired-baby-burrito/

Good luck!  I know how hard the sleep deprivation is.  Hang in there.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 23:07:20 pm by SDER »