Author Topic: 4 month old doesn't take bottle well at the end of the day with husband  (Read 1009 times)

Offline peacefulwarrior

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
So my 4 month old son has about 4 bottles a day while I am gone at work.
At first we had him on bottles that made him choke and he would scream and fuss.  So we switched the bottles and he seems to be fine now.
But towards the last bottle of the day, he will start to get fussy again.  Yesterday he wouldn't even drink the last bottle and so he ate over an hour after he was supposed to, when I got home from work to breastfeed him.  The bottles are full of my pumped breastmilk.  He has not had any formula.
We are trying to understand what the problem is but really have no idea.
My only thought is that my husband spend less time with him and so he seems to prefer me over him.  It's not a real concern because, as this is my second child, I know that your children go through spurts of which parent they seem to prefer at different times.
But that's the only thing I can think of.
So today I had him spend a bunch of alone time with him.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Monica

Offline mini me

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • British Mummy living in Greece now back in UK!
My DH used to put my tshirt that I slept in between his chest and DDs body when she was going through a fussy stage when she was very small. It was as if she thought I was doing the feed because she could smell me.
Have you tried this? :)
Andi

Offline peacefulwarrior

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
We have not tried that - thanks a lot for  the suggestion.
Last night was another very rough night while I was gone at work.  It just happened that my husband and kids had to go to my parents house and my mom is my sons caregiver as well.
So my mom tried to console him and said it was very difficult.  It was good in one respect because we found out that it wasn't about it being my husband.  Meaning he was also very upset even when my mom took him.  And he wouldn't take the bottle from my mom either.
I'm now starting to get really worried.  I work two nights a week and don't know what we're going to do.  My husband is having a lot of trouble coping because he's been up since 6 am at work, has to come home and get dinner ready for my daughter and get her to bed, and then has from 7-9 pm to deal with a fussy baby.  He's just not doing well.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Monica

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Hugs hun.. that does sound tough!  How is baby's day in terms of naps etc?  Is he maybe a little OT and just too tired to feed well?