Author Topic: What finger foods were you feeding your 8 month old  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
What finger foods were you feeding your 8 month old
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:39:42 am »
My LO is 8 months old but we haven't really done alot of finger foods yet. Just thinks like rice cake and tinned fruit slices and toast. What are good ideas at this age to introduce to her?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: What finger foods were you feeding your 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 13:19:29 pm »
There's heaps of ideas on the recipes board (stickies for BLW and finger foods)
Baby Food Recipes

I cooked 'regular' meals but adapted my cooking so didn't use salt, sugar, and made veg in big chunks so DS could pick it up.  We ate the same meals and he just used his fingers.
An easy place to start is steamed or baked veg wedges.  If there is a favourite puree food then maybe try that as finger food.  Really you can give just abotu anything, you'd be surprised what they can eat (even chunks of meat, no teeth required) so long as the piece is big enough that they can grasp it easily and keep hold whilst eating if they want to.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 19:06:43 pm »
My LO loves toast, grated or cubed cheese and cooked frozen peas...anything you can make into small cubes really...chicken, broccoli florets, macaroni cheese! Just give anything a whirl I think I love watching LO face with new foods!
Zoe

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 19:29:05 pm »
By 8 months Audrey was really just eating table food like us. So baked potato cut in wedges, hunks of chicken, risotto, blueberries, pancakes - anything we were having! Lunch was usually some kind of egg, fruit, some toast fingers. Just had to think a bit creatively and sometimes leave things in bigger chunks or cut smaller cubes or whatever. Much simpler to just set aside a little portion of whatever you and DH are having for tea.

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 21:08:10 pm »
My LO loves sweet potato "fries" - I cut it into sticks and bake it in the oven until soft.  She goes crazy for them.  She also likes toast, macaroni, baked potato, meat, and cheese (she prefers it cut into long sticks).  She doesn't really like me feeding her anymore so she even eats her porridge with her hands - I just make it thick and put it on her tray.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014