Author Topic: 8 mo sleep issues  (Read 11895 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 8 mo sleep issues
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2013, 19:26:08 pm »
Here too :-* remember it's a regressive period too http://www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sleep-patterns/8-9-10-month-old-baby-sleep-regression/
Hugs, will also peek at EAS
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline bestsmilee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2013, 19:22:11 pm »
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Have been feeling down because of so many unsuccessful attempts.

The problem with me posting an EAS is that every day it is something different. Different WU, BT, A time, etc. Although I've been trying really hard to be consistent, it just isn't possible due to his erratic WUs. The 2nd nap has just not been happening the last 3 days, but he took quite a nice one on Saturday and then I woke him after about 1 hr 45 min. A times are still a gamble...never know which one is going to work.

I think I discovered that my problem with "EAS" is that it's almost impossible for me to have the same "routine" every day and that's why every day is a different WU, BT, fed at different intervals, different A times after trying to get it "right" for the past 9 months. I am at a complete loss, suffering from chronic exhaustion, and my LO still sleeps poorly. I don't know if I'm "the exception to the rule" but I can't seem to get it right.

For example, yesterday he woke up at 5:50am and I fed him immediately. Hoping to get him down for a nap around 9:15 I fed him at 8:50. He started falling asleep nursing and I tried to keep him up. When he signaled he was done eating I started his WD but his eyes were completely closed at that point and went straight to sleep after 3 hr 10 min A time which is too short for him and lead to an UT nap and woke up an hour later. He did NOT go down for an afternoon nap. And he didn't settle easily for BT either. No crying, just lots of hyperactivity. He fell asleep eventually after 8.5 hr A time...yea. He had 3-4 NWs, an EW at 5:15 and instead of trying to settle I fed for a few minutes and he went back to sleep for about an hour. So then today's WU was 6:35. Nap went from 9:50-11:20 (I woke him up in hopes of getting a nice PM nap and normal BT.) No PM nap again. Every day is something different. How can I get it right? I'd like some consistency in his days but am finding it impossible with EAS. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining I'm just genuinely trying to make this work and can't figure out how!

It's possible that he is having a sleep regression. But he never slept well so I don't see how it's "regressing", more like just staying the same.

Ah, I just needed to vent...sorry.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2013, 20:32:01 pm »
Hugs Hun. What about starting a fresh thread for new eyes given its been two months since this one was started?
Some LOs are harder to crack than others :-*
***Sara***

Offline bestsmilee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2013, 21:00:03 pm »
Haha thanks...I'll try to start a new thread when I get a chance. Thanks for your dedication in the meantime!!

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2013, 02:11:52 am »
More (((hugs))), I think Sara's got a good idea.  Sometimes, it's hard to see the wood from the trees (for everyone) when a thread has gone on so long.  I think a post on EASY or GS would likely be your best bet.

If I were to add in my two cents, it sounds to me like he could use some 'setting.'  If nothing is ever the same day after day, his body and sleep rhythms are probably a bit off.  Setting some naps/A times and BT would probably do you both a world of good. :-* :-*

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2013, 05:55:03 am »
Hugs. Let us know where you post and we will come support you once you get some fresh eyes Hun
***Sara***

Offline bestsmilee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2013, 19:28:50 pm »
Ok - sorry for the brief absence! I am back now and posted a fresh topic on our current situation.

9 mo continuing sleep issues...

And Katie, looks like we had the same idea. I have been trying the set nap times and those seem to add more predictability to our day and its been working better. I think we will stick to this if it continues to be kind to us!

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2013, 13:31:45 pm »
Sounds good!  I will lock this thread now that you have a new one.  Best of luck to you, hon! :-*