Author Topic: 10mo waking every hour through night  (Read 996 times)

Offline zebstiredmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
10mo waking every hour through night
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:52:02 am »
Over the last week or so DD has woken every hour through the night about 3 nights this week, the other nights sleeps through without a peep.  Her naps are pretty consistent so I can't see a pattern, except yesterday her long nap was in the afternoon, and before her illness last week her naps averaged 2-2/12 hours total ( 1 x 1.5 hour and 1 x 0.5-1 hour) but she may have had closer to 3 hours total yesterday, however she went to bed 1/2 hour later than usual...

DD was ill last week - I think it was gastric as well as having a cough, runny nose and high temperature, and she was off her food for about 3 days, and would only eat fruit puree.

On Sunday DD seemed to be in discomfort - crying for a couple of mins, then farting every 40 mins or so from 10pm onwards, (she was asleep at 7pm), and by 1am the crying was going on for longer, I picked her up to comfort her but this caused her to scream and she couldn't be comforted, so at 4am my husband took her for a drive  (she had seemed recovered from her illness in the day, back to herself, but I had eaten Thai food the night before and still BF at breakfast and BT so thought this had caused the discomfort)

Anyway, last night, no farting or apparent discomfort, but crying every hour or maybe a bit more frequent from 10.30pm for a couple of mins, and she is in the room with me, so I am really struggling to cope now with disturbed sleep - I don't need to go to her, she went quiet again so I'm thinking went back to sleep, or was crying in her sleep.

Could this be related to naps?  Do I need to cap them?  Or still a result of her illness last week? 

Anyone else going through this? ???

Emma

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 10mo waking every hour through night
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:50:20 am »
Wakings that frequent sound like discomfort.  She could still be getting over her illness (sometimes it takes quite awhile for it to totally clear out, even if they seem better!) or she could be getting some teeth.  I'd give it a few more days before you worry too much!

Offline zebstiredmum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:53:39 am »
Thanks Erin - I was feeling really low yesterday as I'd had a couple of nights of about 3 hours sleep, and the rest of the week only about 5 hours.  Thank heavens last night was much better ;D - it could be connected to naps as she only had 1.5 hours a/m and about a 10min catnap pm yesterday...

But I also remembered to give her teething powder at BT, so it could also have been discomfort....

Thanks so much for your support  :)

Fingers crossed for tonight  ;)

Emma

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 17:53:20 pm »
No sleep is just so hard!  I'm glad you got some last night, hope it continues -- I found when I got that desperate, I tried everything I could think of before beds -- teething meds, humidifier, whatever, anything I could do to ensure a decent night!