Author Topic: Car entertainment for 2 yo who hates car!  (Read 1909 times)

Offline buttonbaby

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Car entertainment for 2 yo who hates car!
« on: April 21, 2013, 23:27:52 pm »
Ds is an awful traveller. He just moans and shouts... It's stressful, my childminder has also mentioned it. He has improved... He had silent reflux and initially every mode of transport was awful( buggy, sling etc) but the car was horrendous and dp and I cut out car journeys as much as possible taking turns to stay at home and also walking most places... A 10 min journey would end in tears... My tears too... As time went on cars improved but never fully. ( I had posts up here looking for ideas). oh he has no words so ots just moaning and shouts! We went to an osteopath and a homieopath. Anyway sometimes snacks, loud music, novel toy works but sometimes nothing works... I think a portable DVD player would be too much hassle for every journey... Any ideas?
Hello from Ireland!
Fiona

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Car entertainment for 2 yo who hates car!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 23:32:23 pm »
How long of a drive are we thinking of?  I use a portable DVD but only for day trips with all day driving... mine is also not a fan of the car and I can sympathize!

Is he forward facing or rear facing?  We are still rear facing here and I found a big mirror helps loads... if forwards, can you put him in the center so he can see right out the front windshield from his seat?

Offline buttonbaby

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 23:40:41 pm »
Any length journey... 5 mins plus...each day with dd in school and me in work he travels in the car. I got dd a second stage car seat with a feature that allows her to face rearward and she did so for ages as its safer but ds was so bad I tried him forward facing once he grew out of first seat( which had just happened... Even though he is 2 he has just turned the 20 lb / 9kg... Silent reflux caused a lots of food refusal/ weight loss in the first few mths) & he is better forward facing! I didn't think to try seat in middle but am not sure i can... Have rotated mirrors and car toys constantly! Thanks for your reply?
Hello from Ireland!
Fiona

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 23:56:09 pm »
Good luck!  Depending on which seats you have, you might be able to puzzle them together :)

I have a little bitty too (no reflux though).. she's just about 2.5 yrs and finally cracked 24 lbs!

Offline buttonbaby

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 15:04:57 pm »
Awh I like the term itty bitty :) thanks for your replies!
Hello from Ireland!
Fiona