Author Topic: 10 months old refused puree  (Read 7245 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 10 months old refused puree
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 22:24:21 pm »
Absolutely what was said above... a baby/toddler/child generally has to be exposed to a new food 25-30 times before they will decide if they like it...

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 19:20:02 pm »
I feel frustrated that we are wasting so much food as I put effort and time to prepare the food.
Totally understand, but that's the deal at this age and, indeed, later.  It's good to remember that all you can (ever) do is offer a nutritious meal, you can't make 'em eat it!
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:29 am »
Anne is spot on!

It's your job to offer a balance of things to eat, it's his job to decide what, how much, and when to eat (if at all).

And yes, we still waste a fair bit at 2.5 yrs.

Offline rachelgz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 13:42:34 pm »
We have a baby feeder. When I tried it in the past, she wasn't keen.  I will take it out and give it another try and see whether DD changes her mind now.

I totally agree and I keep reminding myself that it's my job to offer and her job to eat.  We tried waffles and chips the other day, she refused it.  We then tried french toast today and she ate a little of it.  She is not taking it as keen as normal bread.  However, I see it as an improvement to get some egg in her. 

She loves dry fruits. I have been giving her apricots, prunes and raisins, etc.  Those go down very well.