Author Topic: Can I use slightly defrosted food cubes? Re freeze?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Mummy23boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Can I use slightly defrosted food cubes? Re freeze?
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:30:52 am »
Hi all,

I made salmon and broccoli purée for my DS and took them out of the freezer to transfer them to a freezer bag so I could use the cube tray again. I very stupidly forgot about them and they were sitting out at room temp (I live in Ireland so not that warm lol) from about 8.15am to 10.30ish. They weren't fully defrosted at all but do you think they are ok? ??? Or should I just dump them? ??? I put them back in freezer as soon as I saw them. Dh thinks they would be ok but I'm not sure. What do you think? ❤

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Can I use slightly defrosted food cubes? Re freeze?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 13:54:12 pm »
I would dump them because of the fish in there - just veg I would probably keep. Not sure what my logic is though! Less nasty bugs in the veg?

Love the avatar!

My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 14:12:12 pm »
Hmmm. I'm sure the proper advice would be to dump them, but my freezer was inadvertantly switched off not too long ago and I had meat products in there that had started to defrost and whatever I couldn't get cooked up straight away went back into the freezer. I just checked it once it was defrosted before I cooked it, and made sure it was thoroughly cooked. It was all fine and had likely been out of the freezer longer than your cubes had.

Personally, if they were for myself (although not whilst pregnant ;) ) and DH I'd put them back in, but as they are for your DS I'm not sure it's worth the risk tbh.

And, yes, your avatar is wonderful! :)
Catherine x

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 22:25:32 pm »
I would toss them... meat/seafood cannot be refrozen.