Author Topic: Dream feed question  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Eminvc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 26, 2013, 21:49:33 pm »
I would like to implement a dream feed for my 3mo twins. Problem- I can't stay awake til 10! DH and I go to bed at 9:30, babies at 8. We cluster feed at 5:30 & 7:30 for past two weeks & are still working on establishing EASY. Is 9:30 too early for dream feed? I know they should probably go to bed earlier but we're trying to just get a consistent routine going first.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: Dream feed question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 22:00:51 pm »
hmm- i would probably not do a dream feed in your case and just go to bed early at 9.30 as you do and get up for the first feed. The DF is only for your convenience to bring the 12.30/1am feed forward to before you go to bed rather than just after. I was a night owl so happy to stay up till closer to 11- but you might be better to just go to bed and get the extra sleep in.
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:59:29 am »
Agree with Katy... I would just go to bed at your normal time.

Are they doing well with the cluster feed?  They are at an age where it's often stopped and the DF continues.

Offline ALmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Cloth diapering adoptive mom
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 00:54:46 am »
I know this is a little late for a reply, but our arrangement is that DH stays up an hour later to do the dreamfeed around 10.30pm and I get up for the 2-3am feed.  That way each of us gets a decent amount of sleep (in hours).