Author Topic: 11 weeks - DF and still waking up at night  (Read 3448 times)

Offline tfuentes00

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: 11 weeks - DF and still waking up at night
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 21:18:50 pm »
After rereading your post again it sounds very similar to my lo,  we are finally getting on a good routine, and shes starting to do better with naps, she does wake around 3 or 4 but she doesnt have a df and bedtime is about 830.  I have noticed for her naps I have to time them and not go by signs, if I go by signs its too late and she fights more.  I give her about 1 hr or 1 hr 15 min max.  Anything over that and I struggle to get her down.   That's the thing I found has helped us.  Hopefully it'll get better soon for you.  Maybe once you get him to take full feeds it'll help with his sleeping.
Tina

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 07:23:24 am »
Yesterday and today I got him down for his morning nap around 9/930. Today I swaddled him and gave him pacifier in the hope he will sleep longer but was up within 30-40 minutes max and wanted to play. I reswaddled him put him in car seat and gave him pacifier so he looked around for quite a bit and I think managed to dose off too.

I try and catch him on the 1st or 2nd yawn but even then doesnt help

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:08 am »
Often by the time you see yawns it's already too late.  I would keep at least one eye on the clock and start winding down for a nap aiming to have LO asleep by about 1h15 even if you haven't seen any tired signs by that point :)

Offline tfuentes00

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 12:44:11 pm »
If I wait for a yawn its too late and shell fight more to go down, I'd really watch the time and at about 1 hr 10 min after he's been awake, I do after she's started feeding, because she too doesn't always sleep the full time until its time to eat again, so ill start timing when she starts eating, she usually takes 30-40 min to eat so she is only not eating for about20-30 before she goes down again, does that make since?  I'm not sure if that's the way to do it, but I want her to know after she eats she can't go right to sleep.  And if she wakes up before its time for her to eat a lot of times she.wants to go right to sleep.  So for example, she gets up at 4 am and ill feed her 4 oz but I'm going to start decreasing bc I'm hoping she'll start going to 630.  Then at 630 ill wake her to feed her again, this is the start of the day,  then she'll go back down right away until 9-930 then ill feed her at 9-930 and shell stay awake between 10/1030 then ill start her nap routine.  And usually by about 5-10 of bouncing her her eyes are closed and rolling around, I. Will then put her in her crib and stand there for another 10-15 min depends on if she's squirming around, at first I would put my hand on her chest, she is swaddled, and shhh, but now I can just lay her down most of the time after her eyes have closed and they're rolling around. Then sometimes she'll sleep until 12 or after but sometimes shell only sleep until 11301145 and I wait to feed her if she ate at 930 that means she's up for an hour before she even eats then I time from 1230 about 10-15 min after finishing eating so technically she "up" for only 40-50 min, but since she was up so long before I reduce the time she is up after she eats, and the routine goes on until the rest of the day.  This may not be a good way but it is working good for us.  And also if she wakes up early from a nap I try and put her back to sleep if its not too close to the time she'll eat again.  When I go in there I pick her up and start bouncing her, a lot of times she gets her arms out of the swaddle so i reswaddle and bounce,  if I ever have to give her her paci to settle her I might as well forget it, bc all she does is spit it out when she is relaxed and its a constant battle of putting it back in, when this happens I usually bring her downstairs and put her in her swing to hopefully finish her nap, bc she's usually still tired and get fussy if she don't go back to sleep.  Sometimes she olny will get a 30-45 min nap at each nap but my thought is if I am constant then she will soon get on the routine, I know its not suppose to be a schedule , but i figure if i can get her body use to certain times to eat it will eventually stick, kind of like how we usually eat at the same times each day and if not our belly growl.  So I really time everything.  This may be frowned upon but its really what will work for you and everyones tips and tricks will help you get something that will work.  I'm using a combination of several things I've read that I like.  I hope this helps, I couldnt find much about what to do when they wake early other than put back to sleep but sometimes its not worth it bc its so close to time to eat again so I have made that decision myself. ;) hope it'll help and just be constant it'll get better.  Have you tried a different level nipple?
Tina

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 06:34:21 am »
Sorry didn't realize I haven't replied to a couple of people.

When he has a NF, when he wakes up (sooner than he should) he isn't hungry but is in a good mood, just pick him up for a bit then I let him play by himself for a bit while i do some stuff. he stirred from 4-445 then again at 6 when i brought him into bed because was too exhausted and then tried staying in bed till 740. DH and I are so tired from his stirring!

I don't mind the NF except he still wakes up early and when he wakes up its not because of hunger! Not sure what to do!

I tried giving 5 oz during DF last night he took 4.5 oz and previous night he took 5 so am trying to up the DF in order to also compensate for not giving the 2 oz at 5am

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 02:16:58 am »
HOw are things going now?
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 06:05:04 am »
Much better I think now that we have hit the 3 month mark! Give him NF at 5 am he generally has 3-4 oz. I try and extend his wake up time till 8 so that at 830 he has a full feed but sometimes he wakes up earlier.

His stirring has become much better although he sometimes stirs at 3/330.

Do you think the DF may be causing him to stir?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 19:09:29 pm »
Is he stirring and not waking, or stirring and waking.  The df can sometimes cause some unsettled sleep, but if he's not actually waking I wouldn't mess with it. 

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 08:11:03 am »
Just stirring! The first stir will be around 3ish! But as mentioned before babies are noisy sleepers, actually he doesn't stir every night but overall things are better!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 02:30:42 am »
Sometimes I found with mine that they'd stir for a bunch of nights when it used to be wakings -- and then the stirring went away too.  They really are very noisy sleepers!  Glad to hear that things are overall better!

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 03:05:35 am »
Back to EW at 6am and then playing in cot. Yesterday managed to extend to 8 am but today couldn't its not 8 am and he is already yawning :S

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 03:31:28 am »
Locking this thread, so as to keep all advice in one place. Please continue to follow along and offer support here: 10 week old trying to do EASY but bored of milk