Author Topic: 7 month old- night waking  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Summergirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:56:43 am »
Hi all,
I am a first time poster but long time follower and need some advice!
My LO has been a pretty much text book baby since day one following a 4 hour EASY routine, sleeping through with a DF since 4 months.
At 6 1/2 months she refused her DF one night so I went cold turkey after that and for 2 weeks there was no problem, she slept through 6-6. Now all of a sudden she is waking between 8pm-10.30pm and most of the time won't resettle, I was determined not to feed her again but after  3-4 hours of her being awake, sometimes crying, talking or grizzling, I am beside myself and so is she so I feed her back to sleep.....should I re introduce the DF after a month without it? I did think that it was the late afternoon cat nap causing it so I extended her daily A to 3 hours and dropped the cat nap which worked for 3 days then it started again! I don't know what else I can try?!
Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 7 month old- night waking
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 23:34:42 pm »
Hi and welcome! 

Please post her usual routine (EAS) so we can take a look.  At this age, most bubs have dropped the CN and will like drop the df (if they are taking it in the next month or so) so I'd be hesitant to reintroduce either.  Is she teething?  Is she working on any developmental milestones?  Both of those can really disrupt sleep.

Offline Summergirl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 23:47:00 pm »
Thanks,
 Her routine at the moment is:
E 6am
A
E Solids @ 7
A
S 9-10.30am
E 10.30
A
E Solids @ 12.30
A
S 1.30-3pm
E 3pm
A
E Solids @ 5pm
Bedtime routine
Bedtime 6pm

Yes she is surrently very frustrated because she is trying to crawl, so maybe that is part of it?
I also had a bit of (hopeful) breakthrough last night. She always puts herself to sleep during the day but by nightime she has been so tired she has been needing a back pat or rub to settle (although I always stop before she is asleep) maybe she has gotten dependant on it? Last night she went to sleep on her own and didn't wake at all! Long may it last!
Thanks so much for your help!

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 02:14:47 am »
Yes, trying to crawl could do it!  My dd is also 7 months and is up on all fours at night  ::).  Glad last night went well and fx that she STTNs for you!

Offline Summergirl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:13:42 am »
Thanks, I hope so!
Another quick question, this afternoon she woke from the pm sleep after 45 minutes and would not resettle, should I give her a quick 10 minute nap in the stroller at 4.30 to help tie her over or just put her down a bit earlier? Say 5.30pm instead of 6....I'm worried it will result in OT meaning she won't self settle!

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 06:55:30 am »
I still do the odd third nap with my dd when I know it's going to be too long until bt.  But then I'm not very good at getting an EBT.  If you know that she will do 12+ hrs of sleep, then you can the early bt but otherwise you might end up with her waking too early (that's why I try for the additional nap).