Author Topic: NW or habitual waking???  (Read 1135 times)

Offline tfuentes00

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
NW or habitual waking???
« on: May 04, 2013, 14:26:43 pm »
Ok my dd is 8 weeks old,  she is ff and takes about 5 ozs every 3 hrs.  She has been waking each night in the 3 o'clock hr.  She goes to bed between 8-9 with no df.  She will get her arm out of her swaddle and try and self soothe sucking on her fingers but within 15-20 min she starts fussing.  I've tried shh/pat but she woke again at 4. When I feed her she seems to be hungry as she quickly grabs the nipple and sucks so hard and fast.  Shell go back down right after and sleep until 6-7.  6:30 is basically our normal start of the day and what I base e verything else off of.  She will go back down right after the 6 feeding and sleep until 9.  My goal is to get her to sleep until 6:30-7.   Does this seem like a nw or a habitual waking?  I've tried a df when I tried putting her to bed in the 7 o'clock hr but it didn't seem to help and I'd rather not start a df.  I've only been giving her 4 ozs when she wakes and even dilute it a little, I have only did this about two days. 
Tina

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
Re: NW or habitual waking???
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 23:28:41 pm »
Hi

At this age, it's pretty normal to do one or two night feeds so I would treat it as a nw.  As you have mentioned, she seems hungry and goes back to sleep right after.  Getting 6 to 7 hrs straight at night is really good!

Offline tfuentes00

• Showing Appreciation 5
Re: NW or habitual waking???
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 00:41:11 am »
Thanks!! I was kind of thinking that but just didn't want fto create a bad habit. 
Tina