Author Topic: EW and NW at 9.5 months  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Moma of two

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 08, 2013, 00:41:13 am »
So my EaSY is as follows.  I am getting a little frustrated at NW and her WU is always 5:45 despite what time she goes to sleep.

5:45 WU
9:30- 11:00
2:45- 4:15s
BT 7:45

NW are at least 3 times and are sporadic.  No DF since 7 months.  I don't think it is from hunger.  Please advise me how to change EW.

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: EW and NW at 9.5 months
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:39 am »
What are the NW like? Is she chatty or there is a lot of crying? Is it hard to settle her or she is easily settled? How are you settling her? Does she fall asleep ind. for naps and BT?
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline Moma of two

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 00:41:15 am »
She is screaming.  I pick her up and she passes out on me.  As far as ind sleep, she is swayed a bit for naps and sleeps over shoulder after bottle on nap.  What do you think about EW?  I can attribute some NW for teeth but what about the 5:45 mornings?

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 11:58:27 am »
I am not totally sure... My first thought was that she has too much day sleep. Most babies would need one of their naps capped at that point, but then NW are usually hard to settle and baby is chatty and ready to play.
I was asking how you settle the NW because if you have some kind of prop, like picking her up and letting her fall asleep on you then I'd think she just keeps on waking to know that you are there and this is her way of being comforted. If this is the case then I'd think you are better doing PU/PD and not let her fall asleep on you or rocking or any AP - that is of course if she is NOT in pain. If NW are a new thing and only in the past few days then it could be teeth related as well.
One of the reasons a baby can have an EW is if his first A of the day is not long enough and the first nap comes too early for him, so IIWY I would try and push the first A time by 10min and see if it makes any difference. You'd need to give it 3-4 days to see if it's working, though.
There is more information here about EW: Early Waking

Offline Moma of two

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 18:31:06 pm »
Thank you so much... She has been up every night almost all night...I assume teething as she is also very warm.

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 20:01:33 pm »
Hope she feels better soon. Teething suck.