Author Topic: teething related non eating  (Read 5752 times)

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: teething related non eating
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:42 am »
If it goes on for a while and you're worried about her not eating enough, do you think a change of scene could help? Eg an indoor picnic on the floor if the weather's cold or outside if it's nice?

We've just had lunch and dinner outside a couple of times recently and I noticed L ate much more quickly and thoroughly than usual. Is there something about being outside that makes food more appealing?

Obv not a long-term solution but it could be an occasional 'treat'.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 12:44:05 pm »
uggh, thanks girls. She has got something going on that's for sure. So so so whiny this am, I resorted to meds! I wonder if it is canines as she is on the last molar now and this is worse than we have had the last month or so?

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
well things are no better, probably worse. I am totally running out of food options. I 'think' it must be canine related but it is really bad. I noticed today that bfast was better and she had meds around 5am so they would still have been working so maybe that explains it. She seriously only really eats yoghurt, odd bit of cheese, raisins and sometimes weetabix/toast. Most lunches and dinners are completely refused. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this with canines?

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 12:40:08 pm »
Molars were the worst for us but he had his moments but then canines came in when he was around 8/9 months I think.  Just keep offering things. 
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 21:05:58 pm »
I thought canines were the pits until we started on molars. So, yes, canines can really hurt.

Offline TracyP21

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 02:09:05 am »

Becky, going through this at the moment with my 17 month old DS who is cutting three canines at once - ouch!  Breakfast is our best meal, weetbix & yoghurt, 3 pieces of toast, lunch is usually okay but dinner is a real nightmare.  Happily eat finger food of his choice but starts to cry when spoon comes near him - unless its yoghurt (which he would eat 24-7).  He is also now on no bottles as had a vomiting bug last week and the BT bottle kept coming back up so we stopped it (been a week now and still sleeping through (touch wood).
Somewhat relieved to hear that its teething related - I also feel like he is going to bed hungry!
Also any new foods get inspected and then thrown on the floor - so thinking I should move them to breakfast or lunch like Creations suggested. 
Also - not keen on holding his own spoon, would rather be fed - typical male lol - these also get thrown on the floor at the end of the meal.
Hard to keep my patience sometimes with all the drama at tea time!

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 11:49:08 am »
sorry to hear you are going through it too....I am pleased to say things are a bit better here. She is eating a bit at every meal now and seems to have got out of the habit of just pushing it away which is nice ;)