Author Topic: Pacifier? Night wakings  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Violet's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
Pacifier? Night wakings
« on: May 10, 2013, 18:29:13 pm »
My daughter is 15 weeks old.  She is a good sleeper and napper generally.  She recently started waking up every sleep cycle (hour or 45 mins) for I think her pacifier.  This has happened for about three nights now.  She used to spit it out and we would remove it until she woke for her 3 am nightfeed.  she also has a tooth coming in so I wonder if it could be teething.  She cries when I try to shhh/pat her back to sleep and only her pacifier will help her.  She will nurse also but I am trying to not add more night feedings.  I've read Tracy's book and am doing my best to apply easy to a very stubborn child!  Thank you for your suggestions.

**Tracy**

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Pacifier? Night wakings
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:45:32 am »
Could be the 4 mth sleep regression. We had this for a few nights..Accompanied by a wicked GS and reflux flare. Does your LO suffer from any discomfort usually?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Violet's mom

• Showing Appreciation 26
Re: Pacifier? Night wakings
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 17:53:20 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me!  Yes we determined it was probably a growth spurt because she is back to her normal schedule.  Glad I didn't mess with the pacifier too much but I have been being stricter with it - once it falls out we shh/pat if she wakes not hungry.

**Tracy**