Author Topic: 6 month old, early morning waking due to starting solids?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline hotturnip

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
6 month old, early morning waking due to starting solids?
« on: May 11, 2013, 22:35:45 pm »
Not sure  if this is what is going on. I started giving solids to my lo just before 5 months old because she was consuming over 40oz of formula a day. Around the same time is when she started waking at 5am, not crying,  just talking/moaning/ complaining. She use to wake around 7am. She also always wakes  up with a poopy diaper, I'm assuming she's doing it at 5am.  She's always been a spitter upper too. She just turned 6 months old and weighs 22lbs. Was born 9lbs. 9oz. She currently still drinks at least 40oz a day. I feed her every 4hrs during the day and still cluster feed in the evening. She's just now becoming better at actually eating purees.  I think she's just now losing her tongue thrust reflex. She'll eat 1oz for breakfast, 2oz for lunch, and 2oz for dinner. I just today realized that earlier this week I skipped her dinner feed in hopes that she wouldn't wake up at 5 to poop and it worked. she woke at 6:30, I'll take it.

Question is what do I do with this knowledge? Do I stop feeding her dinner? For how long? How would this effect her since she is a big baby? Or is this whole thing unlikely? Thanks

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 6 month old, early morning waking due to starting solids?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:08:54 am »
Bumping for you :)
Catherine x

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6 month old, early morning waking due to starting solids?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:34:58 am »
You'd be fine skipping dinner at this age. Milk is still way more important. We didn't have any solids in the evening until 7 months and wasn't a proper meal as such until more like 8-9 months.  You could give slightly more at breakfast instead if you want to keep up the same sort of amounts overall?

That said, routine could def be an issue at this age causing EWs. What's your routine at the moment? Have you dropped the CN?