Author Topic: NW for hours - at breaking point  (Read 1075 times)

Offline acadd14

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 14, 2013, 22:04:25 pm »
My 9 MTV has nstn but has generally woken up once and is easy to settle back down. Over the past 4 nights she has woken every 3 hours and during one period is up for 1-3 hours!!! We have tried PU/PD multiple times to no avail. We have tried patting her while in her cot, she just cries until we PU and hold her until she is asleep!!! We are getting no rest and I have reached my breaking point as I have a 2 year old to entertain during day.

Her day sleeps are so unpredictable it terms of length. Routine is as follows
E- 6:45am bottle 7:45 solids
A- 7 - 8:30
S- in bed by 8:45 (will sleep from 40 up to an hour)
E- 10:45 bottle 11:45 solids
A- 11 - 12:30
S- 12:45 (generally only sleeps 40 mins)
E- 5pm solids 6:30 bottle
A- 5:20 - 6:15 (includes bath)
S- 6:45 in bed (then we hold our breath to see when she will wake next)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: NW for hours - at breaking point
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 07:57:38 am »
Hi hun!
It sounds to me as if she is UT. Her naps look UT and very long NW are usually UT as well. At her age you are looking more at 3.5-4h A time rather than 2h she is doing right now in the morning - that would be a very short A time for a baby her age (chronological EASY samples, 7-9 months).
So IIWY I'd be working on increasing her A times gradually, 15min every 3 days till you get better naps or closer to 3.5h A time (What are A times and how do they fit into the EASY plan?). The NW should slowly ease as well, but it's as well important that you are consistent with how you deal with the NW. The patting is usually used with younger babies up to 6m and then most of them find it too stimulating, so I would think PU/PD is more the way for you to go. But it is a method that takes time to work and THERE will be crying, it's all normal, just keep doing what you do for every NW. The PU/PD might not have worked because she was UT and it's very hard to settle a baby who is not tired enough, yk?
If she already pulls herself in bed then you only do PD. You can read about it more here: How to PU/PD (inc age adaptations)
HTH :).
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline acadd14

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:42:28 am »
Thanks so much for advice. I altered her daytime routine and we had mug more success last night. So I will go to bed tonight holding my breath to see if the changed daytime routine has the same effect again. Fingers crossed

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: NW for hours - at breaking point
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:15:45 am »
FX here too!
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/