Author Topic: Help! Suddenly waking 4+ times a night  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Pualani8

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 22, 2013, 14:11:13 pm »
Hi!  My 4.5 week DS has been consistently sleeping from 8pm - 8 am waking only 2 x's a night for a while now.  We were consistently getting 4+ hour sleeps a night - wake up and nurse and go right back to sleep.  Suddenly, two nights ago he woke 3 x's and last night he woke up every two hours!  What's going on?  =(

We follow the E -A -S throughout the day and have been since he was one week old!  He's adapted really well.  We do the evening routine every night - wind down, bath, bottle, sleep.  And, we've totally eliminated the evening fussiness.

Why the nightwakings all the sudden?

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: Help! Suddenly waking 4+ times a night
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 18:26:28 pm »
that sounds like a growth spurt to me, he should settle back down in a few days...

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Pualani8

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 20:33:30 pm »
I hope so!  I looked up growth spurts and it said typically 2-3 weeks and 6 weeks.  I've never noticed a growth spurt before. =(  He seems to be eating a little more in the day.  Just longer not necessarily more frequent.  And he's not any more fussy??

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 20:04:03 pm »
I think they can all be different, tbh. And, while they're often around 2-3 and 6 weeks, they can be quite random and frequent in the beginning. If there's no other reason for the wakings, which it doesn't sound like, my guess would be GS too.