Author Topic: EW 9mo old  (Read 1132 times)

Offline ktingle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 23, 2013, 15:04:46 pm »
Hello!
My dd is 9 months but born at 32 weeks so adjusted age is 7mo.

I have a dwt of 645ish. For awhile she was waking up 620-630 but the last few days it has been 545!
I usually just leave her in her crib because she won't really cry. She will just whine a little and roll/scoot around.
She usually goes down and sleeps well (usually 1.5--sometimes 2hr.) for naps, but I feel like I am having to push her every morning to get her to her first nap---fussy, whining, rubbing eyes. And I feel like she is more tired than she should be throughout the day.
Any tips to get to that dwt?
Here is our schedule...

645dwt but anywhere from 545-620
920- Usually this is the farthest I can push her
1050ish- up from nap
145-2- down for afternoon nap
330ish- up from afternoon nap
645- down for night

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: EW 9mo old
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 13:42:27 pm »
Hi there!

Looking at your routine, I was thinking that her first A is a bit long if she's waking before 6 am so you could try a slightly short A.  Perhaps try putting her down closer to 9 am. 

She's napping well so I'm hesitant to mess with it too much but at a certain point, too much day time sleep will rob night time sleep.  So you could try capping a nap to see how she does.  I think most moms start to cap the am nap.  Or you could try a slightly later bt to see if she sleeps in later.  This assumes that all she needs is 11 hrs at night.  If she needs more than 11 hrs, then this second option will probably backfire in the long run. 

I'm not sure where you are located but is the sun rising early?  Do you have black out blinds?  The sun light can cause early wake ups as will birds, etc.  if you don't have black out blinds, I would recommend them along with some white noise to drown out some early morning noise.