Author Topic: Toddler with Red cheeks and ears  (Read 10277 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Toddler with Red cheeks and ears
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 20:19:19 pm »
Yes, I need to make another batch of my own cookies. I like Anzac ones as they are full of coconut, rolled oats, raisins and I use raw sugar. He loves them.

We do get fruit strips (purée ones) but he won't eat them. He has serious textural issues htis boy!
I've got a good fruit cerial bar he likes. Blueberry and apple. He seems to tolerate that well. I've limited his yogurt too. He loves that. And his other favourate is toast and sandwiches. ATM he's fussy. Jam or marmite ::) but I can do cheese and marmite, or cream cheese and jam. He will sometimes eat ham, luncheon.

I just discovered he loves diluted vege juice though! :) so he has that with lunch.

Honestly. It's our fault. We have really just survived and unfortunately that involved creating bad habits for Z and giving him too much cr@p

***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 20:26:28 pm »
We have really just survived and unfortunately that involved creating bad habits for Z and giving him too much cr@p
Happens to all of us sweetie.  Have I ever told you how when I was pregnant with J and dh was traveling a lot and I was working full time that the girls and I ate nothing but pizza and cereal for weeks on end.  Seriously, Allie told me once that when she grew up she was going to, "marry a pizza man so we could get our dinner faster." 

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 00:14:04 am »
Honestly. It's our fault. We have really just survived and unfortunately that involved creating bad habits for Z and giving him too much cr@p

(((hugs))) hon it happens and the fact that you already are working on getting it better means you're a fantastic mom. We had the same thing here with DD, when M was bad we started giving her lots of juice and desert and easy stuff because that's just what we needed to do to survive. Now we're back to our 'regular eating' and she is much better.
Elise

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 03:30:40 am »
 :-[ Erin Zac has been having toast and yogurt for dinner far too much when we just  couldn't get a meal sorted till after he would be in bed! He is really really resistant to change too so it's hard work getting him back to eating better. :( you could say she was getting a balanced meal with pizza at least with veges, meat and bread all in one  :-X ;)

Elise, Z has never had juice till recently. Like a few weeks ago to get fruit and feb into him! Luckily he likes vege V8 juice so I dilute it, and now am making my own so at least it's got no sugar/pres in it and mostly veg. :P

Interestingly enough his cheeks and ears are red today and he is off behaviourally. He had peanut butter for the first time this morning :-\ and a biscuit (homemade) for morning tea ::) (daddy!)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.