Author Topic: bunking LO's head :( what to do?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline cosmicangel007

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
bunking LO's head :( what to do?
« on: May 28, 2013, 18:46:26 pm »
my 6 month  DS had gotten the hang of sitting up unassisted :)
but the every so often fall back is inevitable even while i'm on the floor with him and try and catch him
the first few times he barley even noticed but the last 2 times he breaks out in a terrible cry
i think this is because its the same spot now over and over
we have hard wood floors and an area rug but there isn't much padding so  besides laying a bunch of blankets down what else can i do/
i could also prop him up but on top of sitting he is also crawling - oh yea on the move!!!!    so the props just get in his way.
any others moms experience this and what do you do?

thanks

wasn't sure if this was the write location for this question ...?

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: bunking LO's head :( what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:34:59 am »
Hi there,
We had a padded circular ring which we used for DD until she could reliably sit up....will try and find a picture x

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 10:31:06 am »
I just surrounded DD with cushions and stayed right next to her until she could manage to sit reliably.  If I had to pop away, I'd lie her down instead.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 19:25:38 pm »
I just surrounded DD with cushions and stayed right next to her until she could manage to sit reliably.  If I had to pop away, I'd lie her down instead.
I did this, didn't buy anything extra or specific although some of those activity cushions are cute and do help a bit (until they crawl away from them).  And I got used to seeing DS with two bumps on his forehead - exactly where devil-horns would sprout :)  It was about the same time I looked around and realised every kid about the same age (same developmental level) had the devil horn bumps.
Bit OT but if he doesn't already have a lovey now is a good time to try to attach him to one - all those bumps and cuddles can help to build the attachment if you hold it between you or put in his hand whilst you cuddle and comfort after a bump.  I'm a lovey lover as they bring so much comfort for a long time.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:33:22 am »
Me too - our giraffe can fix anything!!