Author Topic: waking same time at night  (Read 997 times)

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« on: May 29, 2013, 13:15:27 pm »
So for the past month dd has woken up the same exact time EVERYNIGHT.  Now if she was waking up screaming in hunger I would totally understand but she wakes up starts sucking on her hands to soothe and when that doesn't work she starts waving her arms and legs so I give her the pacifier and she goes back to sleep.  So last night looked like this:

fed at 7:30
S:7:30 till 1:30 (replugged pacifier)
S:1:30-3:30 (another replug)
S:3:30-4:30 (replug)
From 4:30 to 6:30 I was up ever 15/20 minutes do to reflux congestion and her not being able to breathe thru her nose with the pacifier in.

Now I don't feed at any of these b/c she resettles and she NEVER wakes like she's hungry nor is she fully awake IYKWIM?  Are these waking habit or normal or should I be feeding?  Problem I have is I plug her in and plan to feed her and then she goes back to sleep and then I can't bring myself to wake her.

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: waking same time at night
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 00:34:19 am »
hmm.. at this age, I would feed if she's gone more than 3-4 hrs without a feed and has woken up.  Certainly the early morning nws, may be more hunger related (or some other discomfort) as she's waking more frequently.  Have you tried feeding to see if she still wakes at the same times?  I do agree with not waking her to feed (assuming she's gaining weight well, etc).