Author Topic: 5.5 months food intolerence.  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Irisim

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:52:17 am »
Hello Mummies.

My 5.5 BF DD2 seem to have some kind of intolerance - she has mild eczema on her cheeks and ches and her nuppies are runny and mucusi. She was born on the 90th percentile but by 3 months dropped to the 30th.

It took me time to realize something was wrong as my DD1 (now almost 3) had the same symptoms so I thought messy leaky nappy was the norm ;0 - DD1 now shows no symptoms. we did test her for allergies around 2.5 and she is only allergic to dust mite.

I have gone off dairy, soy, gluten and nut for over 2 weeks  now and have also been fish free for a week. - have been checking everything for traces, etc.

However no matter what I do, it seems to have no effect whatsoever, maybe things have actually getting worst.
I only eat little eggs.
I do have quite a lot of veg and fruits, coffee and rice cake. 

Has any of you got an advice? Have you found your child to be allergic to something specific? How can I test for specific things? Maybe it isn't food intolerance at all?

I am so desperate to have a nice cake!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 5.5 months food intolerence.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 17:32:32 pm »
Hi,

At that age there aren't really any conclusive tests you can do for food allergies/MSPI. A blood test maybe but they are not reliable.

The best way is to do what you are doing which is eliminate foods and watch for improvements.

What are the symptoms you are really worried about? Have you seen a doctor of HV?