Author Topic: 28 month old clingy & sleep regression, all of a sudden!  (Read 3091 times)

Offline stoneybrook57

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
28 month old clingy & sleep regression, all of a sudden!
« on: June 04, 2013, 17:46:34 pm »
Hi!  I am new to the boards and need some help!  I have a 28 month old who has been sleeping great and suddenly, last week, she screams when I put her down, won't let mommy leave, asks me to sleep on the floor.  Naptime as well, she is so tired yet she won't let me leave the room, constantly wants me to hold her during the day and during her nap/bedtime.  I do think I see molars coming in but she doesn't seem to complain about them, she would normally tell me her teeth hurt. 

I am torn on what to do.  I started sleeping on the floor at night and now she asks for it every night and when she wakes up an hour later and Im gone, she cries for me to come back.  This goes on all night long for over a week now.  I am so torn because I want to be there for her but how do i know if i will end up spoiling her? 

Or is this just a normal thing a 2 year old goes through and should I stay with her when she needs me and will it pass?  I am also about 15 weeks pregnant but i cannot imagine they really know this?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 17:48:52 pm by stoneybrook57 »

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: 28 month old clingy & sleep regression, all of a sudden!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 13:08:08 pm »
sorry this was missed  - could you post your routine so we can take a look.
If you can see the molars coming through then I would medicate 30 mins before BT and see if it helps.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: 28 month old clingy & sleep regression, all of a sudden!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 19:10:32 pm »
Hello,
since it came on so suddenly it sounds like it could well be teeth, or has anything else changed/happened recently that may have unsettled her?  I wouldn't think you being PG would be it though...
If she is *just* teething, then I agree medicating is a good idea.  If you decide to stay with her to fall asleep atm then you will have to accept that that might mean sleeping in her room for a bit (so you can also sleep!) or having to deal with NWs in the same way until this is over, and then using GW/WIWO to re-train.  On the other hand, if the pain meds help then it might be easier in the long run to try using WIWO (if she is usually an independent sleeper) or just sitting outside her door at BT during this tricky patch.  However, what you choose to do will depend on you (what you can cope with!), your LO's temperament and how bad the teething is.
Like PP said, it would also be really helpful if we could see her routine in case a tweak might help :)
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old