Author Topic: Birthday food ideas please  (Read 4130 times)

Offline nwmm

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 02:52:04 am »
I love the idea of a straw for the kabobs.  What do you do with fruit like blueberries, raspberries, or grapes?

I have cut sticks off or in half but then they started splintering.  I didn't think that was so safe.

Offline nwmm

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 02:55:47 am »
What about  what we call, in the US, coffee stirs?  Those might work.  Never bought them to know if you can get a smaller pack at a reasonable price.  I have no need for 5,000 coffee stirs.

Ok.  I can picture your thin drinking straws.  I like them better than my splintering wood sticks.

Sorry to get off tangent.  Coffee stirs might work as well for the little or delicate fruit because they are pretty stiff. 

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Birthday food ideas please
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 06:40:07 am »
The straws worked for grapes and larger blueberries because they are really thin, like the type you get for carton drinks like Capri sun yk? They were shorter than ordinary straws though, but that didn't matter still got a good 5 or so bits of fruit on each one and that was ideal for little hands too. Can't even tell you where to buy them as I 'acquired' mine from work! Lol.

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 06:53:43 am »
I love a party at that time, usually means I dont have to feed them when we get home! I would add a bowl of cocktail type sausages and a plate of fairy bread, seems to be the done thing here and it is cheap and easy ;)

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Birthday food ideas please
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:51 pm »
Oh yes I forgot we did cocktail sausages too. They vanished in about 2 minutes flat!! Very popular.